- Oversee and manage the operations of the China-Europe division;
- Develop the corporate strategy, plans, policies and procedures with respect to its China-Europe legal services;
- Establish a budget and oversee its implementation;
- Identify and liaise with clients to increase visibility of the China-Europe division and ensure the corporation develops a comprehensive marketing strategy;
- Provide guidance and leadership on the delivery of legal services and solutions with respect to complex cross-border investment, commercial and real estate matters for Chinese clients entering the European market and European clients entering the Chinese market;
- Ensure that the corporation provides the highest degree of expertise, service and professionalism in serving its clients;
- Maintain communication and good business relationships with all relevant parties;
- Represent the corporation in its relationships with government, private and public sector organizations, both in Europe and China;
- Liaise with external professionals and consultants as necessary, including investment, asset management and private equity companies, valuations, financial institutions, accountants, auditors and other legal professionals;
- Manage the relevant staff in the China-Europe division;
- Corporate affairs commission filings and office administration duties.
- Bachelor of Law or Master of Law (preferred), in either jurisdiction (Europe or China);
- All LLB and BL degrees from reputable institutions;
- 5+ years of experience as legal counsel with a focus on commercial, investment and/or real estate law, representing corporate clients from China;
- 3+ years of experience working closely with clients including individuals, investment companies, private equity firms, investment banks, financial institutions, private and publicly listed corporations and state-owned enterprises;
- 3+ years of experience managing a law firm department, including developing an operational plan and methodology, managing and training staff and evaluating performance;
- Strong business acumen and financial knowledge to effectively plan and oversee operational budgets;
- Proven ability to assess performance, quality of service/representation of lawyers and/or legal support staff;
- In depth understanding of Chinese laws, regulations and legal procedures, particularly with respect to foreign investment, offshore planning, private equity, mergers & acquisitions and public listings;
- Strong leadership with superb communication skills, capable of breaking down and clearly explaining highly complex concepts;
- Highly organized with the ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
- Attract and liaise with clients and develop project strategies and plans;
- Native Chinese speaker is a must;
- Fluent in spoken and written Mandarin;
- Willing to travel occasionally to China;
- Self-starter, self-motivated, hard-working, and fully committed to all practice of Law.
Did you get excited? Then apply immediately! Do you want to ask some questions first? Then contact us via email@example.com. By applying you agree to our privacy statement.
External acquisition is not appreciated for this vacancy.